SURFACE TREATMENTS FOR OPTICAL COMPONENTS
The new highly specialized in-house Coating Department was recently introduced to offer our customers a complete service and even higher quality finishes.
Insourcing the surface treatment guarantees us to trace each production batch, promptly provide the entire documentation with technical specifications and allows us to satisfy the requests of our customers, thanks also to the particular attention to standards and quality control that have always distinguished us.
High uniformity, efficiency, purity levels, and a wide application range.
Coating are obtained by several physical deposition technologies, in Tecnottica we adopt the Electron Beam Evaporation (EBE) and the Ion Assisted Deposition (IAD), two of the most effective methods for the deposition of dielectrics, granting exceptional directionality and a higher deposition rate.
Electron-beam evaporation (EBE) generates a vapor cloud in the deposition chamber that precipitates against the substrate forming a thin film, by layering multiple optical coatings it is possible to achieve specific and unique reflective and transmissive properties.
Ion Assisted Deposition (IAD) is based on the EBE system with an additional Plasma Source that creates a denser micro structure on each layer able to eliminate thermal drift.
Our Coating department is equipped with:
METROLOGY AND CONTROL
Controlled environment, precise inspection and specific tests for each application
Our Quality Control Department inspect each component to grant that they are fully certified according to the Standard ISO 9211, that defines the general characteristics, the test and measurement methods; the Standard ISO 9022, that defines terms relating to environmental tests and the MIL-F-48616, that defines the inspection method for the Surface Quality. For space applications we refer also to the Standard ECSS-Q-ST-70-17C, that verify the durability of the coating in hostile conditions.
Our Coating Metrology is equipped with:
ANY TYPE OF COATING, SUBSTRATE AND APPLICATION
Each coating has a unique set of characteristics to ensure that the substrate is suitable for its application, in Tecnottica we can obtain all kind of coatings for any substrate and application, and we can custom optic for individual needs.
- Anti-Reflection Coating (AR) to minimize surface reflection of substrates for highest transmission Single (VAR), Double (DAR);
- Broadband (BBAR), Multiple (MAR), Wide Angle (WAR);
- High Reflection (HR) to maximize surface reflection: Single (HR), Double (DHR), Broadband (BBHR), Multiple (MHR), Wide Angle (WHR), Metal Coating (METAL);
- Partial Reflection (PR) to split or reduce incoming light: Single (PR), Double (DPR), Broadband (BBPR);
- Filter to separate or combine wavelengths: Long Wave Pass (LP), Short Wave Pass (SP), Notch Filter (NF), Multi Pass (MP), Band Pass (BP), Reflection Filter (REF);
- Polarizer to separate or combine the polarizations: Thin Film (TFP), Cube (CP), Broadband (BBPOL).